When you use this website, The City of Edinburgh Council and Public-i collect certain information about you.
- What information we collect
- How we store and process this information
- How to contact us if you have any concerns
What information we collect
|When you:||We collect the following information:|
|Browse the website||
Your Internet Protocol (IP) address
Details of which web browser you are using
Information on how you use the site, using cookies and Google Analytics
|Send us feedback||
Your name, email address and feedback comments
|Subscribe to webcast updates or tags related to your interests||
Your email address, language preference, and the webcasts or tags that interest you
How you view our emails - which messages you open and which links you click on
|Login with Google||Your Google ID, name and email address|
|Login with Facebook||Your Facebook ID, name and email address|
|Login with Twitter or add Twitter to your profile||Your Twitter ID, name, email address and profile image|
|Add Disqus to your profile or comment with Disqus||Your Disqus ID, user name and any comments made during a discussion|
|Add UserVoice to your profile or comment with UserVoice||Your UserVoice ID, user name and any comments made during a live chat|
How we store and process this information
We store your information on secure servers within the European Union. We have procedures and security features in place to keep your data secure once we receive it.
Your information can only be viewed and processed by authorised people from The City of Edinburgh Council and Public-i.
We use your information to:
- Improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- Gather feedback about individual webcasts and respond to that feedback
- Send you emails if you have requested them
- Enable you to manage your email preferences and unsubscribe from emails
- Enable you to create an account, login to the website and manage your profile
- Enable you to take part in discussions, post comments and share content from this website on social media
We do not share your information with other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or pass on your details to other websites.
We may pass on your personal information if we have a legal obligation to do so.
How to contact us
If you have any concerns about how your data is collected and processed, you can contact the Public-i Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.